Well this is a first for me – I’ve just been tagged by the lovely at Hannah at Hannah & Bryan! She’s come up with eight different questions for 8 recipients to answer. Then we are to come up with 8 questions and tag 8 people to answer them. (After posting the post, we have to make sure to let them know that we’ve tagged them, so that they can see their questions!)
After much deliberation – here are my questions from Hannah…
1. If you could name yourself, what would be your name?
I’ve spent MANY years thinking about this one, as I was Christened Paula – which is fine. However, my parents also Christened my older brother Paul, and my younger sister Paulina – note that NONE of us are twins – you won’t BELIEVE the endless ribbing this has caused throughout our entire lives!
Anyway, I used to think I’d like something cute and fluffy like Fifi Trixibelle – but that was when I was seven. Then I had an obsession with the name Elizabeth, which I thought was rather simple but elegant. As I grew older and fell in love with everything vintage – I loved the name Daphne! Daphne would be me dressed as a 1920’s flapper, driving around in a vintage car listening to jazz all day (which I do – the jazz anyway) and dancing the Charleston while wearing a cloche hat. Yes – I think we’ll stick with Daphne the flapper!
2. What is your favorite vacation spot?
I ADORE France, so it would have to be an old French farmhouse, with shutters, beautiful views and an orchard, a local farmers market and brocante full of decorative antiques – bliss – rather like Sharons life at My French Country Home.
3. What is your ultimate dream job?
In my younger days I thought that it was working for a fashion magazine – well, I did that, and although it was brilliant at the time, I realise now that I wished I’d studied interior design!
4. What is your favorite thing about fall?
I’ve said this before – the clothes – because I look FAR better in a cardigan than in a bikini!
5. What is your favorite item of clothing?
The afore mentioned cardigan! (I wont mention the unhealthy abundance of Chanel, Christian Louboutin and Prada shoes I have stored in my cupboards from my previous life – as I’m more of a wellie girl now!)
6. If you could eat only one more meal, what would you eat?
Monkfish in a garlic butter, potato Dauphinoise, french beans and a cupcake for pudding!
7. What is your favorite holiday?
I’ve had the most wonderful holidays in France, but perhaps the most memorable was a last minute trip to Beijing when my parents lived there. Shamefully, I had been reluctant to go because with three young children under the age of 10, it all seemed like such a hassle. But when we all stood together on The Great Wall of China, it was one of the most mind blowing experiences of my life – SO worth it!
8. Are you a loser or a finder?
I’m getting rather good at finding bargains for the house – but bargains still add up, which ultimately means I’m also good at ‘losing’ money!
Now, it’s my job to tag 8 people also, so here’s my 8, followed by my 8 questions – happy reading! (I’ve stolen a couple of questions from Hannah, as I’d love hear other people’s answers)
1) What is your ultimate dream job?
2) If you could live anywhere where would it be?
3) If you could wake up tomorrow during any period in history – when would it be?
4) If you could eat only one more meal, what would you eat?
5) What made you start a blog?
6) What is your favourite item of clothing?
7) What is your favourite film?
8) Is there anything that you would love to achieve/do/see before you hit 100?
Have a great day! x